It’s August which means back to school is fast approaching!
I don’t know about you but packed lunches do my head in; constantly having to think about what to put in, trying to make sure that there is enough variety and nutrients and that the kids will actually eat what you give them. It’s stressful stuff!
One thing I do enjoy doing though is popping fun little notes into the packed lunches, usually silly jokes to brighten up their day.
It’s something that Amelia in particular loves. She always comes home and tells me about how she’s read the jokes out to her friends and whether they knew the answer or not.
I really do love doing this because not only is it something fun for her to look forward to, it also helps to improve her reading and spelling. She doesn’t always get the jokes and I have often had to explain the joke to her when she gets home but seeing that light in her eyes when she understands it is magical.
She is such a funny and witty kid and she just adores having these jokes to look forward to, no matter how ridiculous they are!
Check out these hilarious lunchbox jokes for kids!Tweet
So let’s jump right into it.
Here are the 78 jokes that I popped into Amelia’s lunchbox over the past few months…
78 Lunchbox Jokes For Kids
01. Q – What do you get when you cross a centipede with a parrot?
A – A walkie talkie!
02. Q – What is a tornado’s favourite game?
A – Twister!
03. Q – What did the farmer call the cow that had no milk?
A – An udder failure!
04. Q – What do you get if you cross a pie and a snake?
A – A pie-thon!
05. Q – What do you call two monkeys that share an Amazon account?
A – Prime Mates!
06. Q – What time do ducks wake up?
A – At the quack of dawn!
07. Q – Why did the boy throw his clock out of the window?
A – He wanted time to fly!
08. Q – Why couldn’t the astronaut book a hotel on the moon?
A – Because it was full!
09. Q – Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
A – In case he got a hole in one!
10. Q – Why did the gum cross the road?
A – Because it was stuck to the chicken’s foot!
11. Q – What did the traffic light say to the car?
A – Don’t look, I’m changing!
12. Q – What do you call a bear with no teeth?
A – A gummy bear!
13. Q – Why don’t eggs tell jokes?
A – Because they’d crack each other up!
14. Q – What did one hat say to the other?
A – Stay here, I’m going on ahead!
15. Q – What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A – A palm tree!
16. Q – What did one toilet say to the other?
A – Are you OK? You look a bit flushed!
17. Q – Why did the boy throw butter into the sky?
A – He wanted to see a butterfly!
18. Q – What is a snake’s favourite school subject?
A – Hiss-tory!
19. Q- Why couldn’t the toilet paper cross the road?
A – Because it got stuck in a crack!
20. Q – What animal is best at hitting a ball?
A – A bat!
21. Q – What did one eye say to the other?
A – Something between us smells!
22. Q – How does Darth Vader like his toast?
A – On the dark side!
23. Q – What do you call a funny mountain?
A – Hill-arious!
24. Q – Why can’t you give Elsa a balloon?
A – Because she’ll let it go!
25. Q – What kind of animal goes oom?
A – A cow going backwards!
26. Q – What kind of cat likes water?
A – An Octopuss!
27. Q – Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?
A – It’s fine, he woke up!
28. Q – Why doesn’t Eeyore have any friends?
A – Because he plays with pooh all day!
29. Q – How do you count cows?
A – With a cowculator!
30. Q – What type of trees grow on fingers?
A – Palm Trees!
31. Q – Have you heard the joke about the broken pencil?
A – Never mind, it’s pointless!
32. Q – Which is faster, hot or cold?
A – Hot, because you can catch a cold!
33. Q – Why wouldn’t the shrimp share his treasure?
A – Because he was a little shellfish!
34. Q – What do you call a bird that is out of breath?
A – A puffin!
35. Q – How do you make a tissue dance?
A – Put a little boogie in it!
36. Q – Do you want to hear a joke about a pizza?
A – I can’t tell you, it’s too cheesy!
37. Q – What has a bottom at it’s top?
A – A leg!
38. Q – Why did the pear like the banana?
A – He found her a-peeling!
39. Q – Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl go to the toilet?
A – Because the P is silent!
40. Q – What do you call cheese that’s not yours?
A – Nacho Cheese!
41. Q – What do you get when you cross a labrador and a magician?
A – A labracadabrador!
42. Q – What do you call a lazy doctor?
A – Dr Dolittle!
43. Q – What is an alien’s favourite chocolate?
A – A Mars bar!
44. Q – Why are spiders so smart?
A – They can find anything on the Web!
45. Q – Why can’t Cinderella play football?
A – Because she’s always running away from the ball!
46. Q – What do you call a train carrying bubblegum?
A – A chew chew train!
47. Q – What is a pirate’s favourite subject at school?
A – Arrrrrrrt!
48. Q – Why did the boy eat his homework?
A – His teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
49. Q – How does the ocean say hello?
A – It waves!
50. Q – Why was the math book sad?
A – Because it had too many problems!
51. Q – What did Snow White say when her photos weren’t ready?
A – Someday my prints will come!
52. Q – What happens when Olaf throws a tantrum?
A – He has a meltdown!
53. Q – What’s the foot’s favourite type of crisps?
A – Dori-toes!
54. Q – What do you call a man who can’t stand?
A – Neil!
55. Q – Why did the invisible man turn down the job offer?
A – Because he couldn’t see himself doing it!
56. Q – Did you hear the joke about the jam?
A – I won’t tell you because it might spread!
57. Q – Did you hear the rumour about the butter?
A – Well if you didn’t, I’m certainly not going to spread it!
58. Q – What do you call a fish without an eye?
A – A fsh!
59. Q – Why did the Teddy bear not ask for dessert?
A – Because he was stuffed!
60. Q – I wrote a song about a tortilla.
A – Well, actually it’s more of a wrap!
61. Q – What do you call an alligator in a vest?
A – An investigator!
62. Q – What did the egg say to the other egg?
A – Have an eggsellent day!
63. Q – What does Harry Potter have that Voldemort doesn’t?
A – A nose!
64. Q – What kind of dinosaur loves to sleep?
A – A Stega-snore-us!
65. Q – What kind of music do balloons hate?
A – Pop!
66. Q – What can smell without a nose?
A – A fart!
67. Q – Where do you learn to make ice cream?
A – At Sundae School!
68. Q – Why is it so windy inside a stadium?
A – Because there are thousands of fans!
69. Q – What do Knights do when they are scared of the dark?
A – They turn on the knight light!
70. Q – Why was Spongebob always praying?
A – Because he’s so holey!
71. Q – What do you call a tired pea?
A – Sleep Pea!
72. Q – Why do ducks have tail feathers?
A – To cover their buttquacks!
73. Q – What did the shark say when he ate the clownfish?
A – This tastes a little funny!
74. Q – Why did the cookie go to the Doctor’s office?
A – Because he was feeling crumby!
75. Q – Why did the toilet paper roll down the hill?
A – To get to the bottom!
76. Q – What do you call a guy laying on your doorstep?
A – Matt!
77. Q – Where do horses live?
A – In neighhh-bourhoods!
78.Q – What do you get when you put cheese next to some ducks?
A – Cheese and Quackers!
Do you do lunchbox jokes too? Or is it something you would like to try?
What jokes would you add to this list?
Let me know in the comments below.